Day 1 - almost over. Martinique / 1.23.2019

I was sitting on a bus today. Changed seats maybe twice or thrice, only. I consider it a battle - won, but who's counting?

"California dreaming (straight line, as in a "straight dash" of some kind) Pacific Ocean"

It's hilarious! His t-shirt. As he sits there, looking at me as if unaware of exactly how to be looking at me, as I sit there....on the back seat of what seems like a rollercoaster of emotions I could never ever fully synthethize. I can. Write in one or two words. I could sit long and steady as I describe how his braids worked; how the nuts in them waved from one side to another as did my stare. That envy. It's an inexplicable desire. As such, it is self-explanatory as the workings of this brain... Not his, maybe mine. Or the one to the guy who sits in front of me, next to him....on the other side of the aisle - to whom, yes...he is NOT currently looking. As I look away...from him

and back to his side. whose side?

I am losing track of all the reflections of what I see happening around me. Transactions on the daily. Of race, prejudice, privilege...my interpretation of your dis-interpretation of the texts I am throwing at no-one's face, really, as we are just exchanging between the two this THING.

This THING between us that keeps building us apart from one another, because we have all hurt each other so much that we keep yearning for that loving and tender touch to follow the gaze of desire that we extend out of our eyes everytime we pretend we have not seen each other; let alone smelled, stared...stepped!! over one another - whether willingly or unwillingly.

I have SO MUCH to cry out of this mechanism that oppresses the veins of my every being as I stare from a chair to a balcony out of whose window I look out to what I know must be, somewhere over there, the Caribbean Ocean.

Why is life different here? Why is it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entrevista a Jorge Alfaro de Yale University sobre COVID-19

¿No leyó la noticia que hackearon?

Costa Rica no es la que yo pensaba - Escrito incompleto

An Image of My Mother

3r aniversario de nuestra primera boda

Day 3 - Tornado Cleanup

Un vistazo al ayahuasca - 4 segundos

Cuando muere la vida como la conocía

Alguien tiene que hacerlo

Bretear en comunidad