Dreams Become Realities

My wife had a friend come over from NY for her birthday weekend. Last time we saw this person, it was her intimate birthday celebration we were using as the perfect timing to hop on a bus to NYC to visit her. As she left today, Jimena reminded me how "it was raining a year ago today when we were out with her in Boston."

"So wait, your friend was here an exact year ago today?," I ask her.

"Yeah! We got married a year ago yesterday," she says, as we are 3 years and a month into our first-wedding anniversary.

Funny, right? In some ways, how life works.

It is the same with everything if you work on your life as a meditative vacation where love moves every freaking second of your contemplative goals and projects in accordance to, let us hope, the best of your interests. Though I was wondering last night as we walked almost fully over Longfellow Bridge and back in Boston whether...

 

Is it?

Does life really operate in MY or OUR best interest? Or, wouldn't it be better to hope it works to the best interest of all cosmic parties involved?

So, maybe if I didn't get a particular job, for instance...that happens not only because my dream world is the ideal confabulation of the Universe's workings in my perspective, but, because my not getting that job is in someways related to everything and every single atom involved in the transaction of all of our existences (plural - as in the existence of each and every one of us - material or immaterial, visible or invisible entities) interacting with each other in an enormous space continuum.

I have been wishing and hoping. It's been weeks since I went out to the local library and bought more than I had in my daily budget for 3 days in about 5 Sharpies and a tube full of rolling white paper. I came home and drafted all my projects into a map of keywords that could, to some degree, explain to my wife everything I see possible in a way that would also let me sit down and sketch out the different requirements I would need to meet for each project to move forward and, in some cases, the pros/cons of going one way or another. If I was sure about something, I would just jot keywords of upcoming actions in some proximity to other projects or concepts on the map as a reminder to follow later. If I was not certain I would want something or other in my life, really (in this case, it was only Harvard's Dramatic Arts master's program enrollment, really, on which I was debating), I would do check marks, crosses or in between signs right next to the pro/con list as a means of checking up on my own assessment.

Such an exercise of hanging writings in our bedroom gives me a daily vision of those items I have at some point considered important enough as to want to align my life in a futuristic vision of them. Other endeavors I consider daily practice enough as to not even merit any sort of a presence up on our walls I might run out of my 2-year planner, daily scratches or diverse lists of paper, on my phone, my drive or elsewhere. I cannot explain what the differentiator is, really, between all these little mechanisms of operation. It is just visual/kinesthetic ways of navigating creative impulses, I would imagine, and lining those up as more creative measures into condensing ideas, thoughts, wishes and dreams - HEAR THAT? - DREAMS into realities.

Isn't it beautiful?

So I find myself staying up late """"working""""

but working is nothing as I am just living now. I find myself living as a means of living.

It

is

AH

maz-

ING.

An amazingly beautiful feeling when you learn to feel synchronized with Creation (with a capital letter, indeed). Creation is happening every second, every minute, every time across space. We can ignore our forces, energies, the power of our thoughts, the theories about the operations of the mind, etc. Or we can face them, embrace and work hard with and at them.

Such an ancient practice as Vipassana can't keep being passed on generation after another quite blindly.

< Can it? >  (Think about it for a second)

Of course it can. Catholicism, Christianism, Buddhism...all sorts of isms and religions. We all disagree for whatever our reasons, experiences and preferences. It is all good; we do not have to believe in the same things.

Can we just sit, meditate, live and breathe? Is that perhaps enough and possible?

It is an overwhelming feeling to grasp just how much life is shaping itself up in its own beautiful ways when you sit relaxed, fixed in your intention.

Envision. Dare to dream. Dare to have your dreams become realities. There is much more behind that path of spiritual awakening. My spirituality is not a fixed set of beliefs, but the ways in which I choose to navigate my indisputable physical presence amidst people in a given reality.

Anyways...I am only trying to share how lost and blinded I have been walking out of other senses. Like a mole must in many ways, I would guess, I have been traversing unknown soils with full trust in hunches and experiences I cannot word to convey. Yet here I am, with my wife by my side, seeing how the process unfolds of us moving steps closer into that which we only discuss, talk about and work hard at from a place of absolute ignorance backed by a full set of love and good willingness. As such, I am also yelling hard in an enormous silence that is peculiarly channeled through the literary, tempted to say to the world that it works! "It WORKS, people!" is what I would love to shout out the top of my lungs if I didn't also believe in jinxing processes. Odd, right? We all have our perfectly human and plausible dichotomies.

I know I choose to believe in the belief that...

We can dream and exist and things still work out somehow, even amidst the neoliberal capitalistic realities in which we are (also) existing.

I wish you an intense and enormous amount of metta. (Yeah - this is the hippie, Vipassana meditator/yogi version of me talking today - we'll see about my capitalist self later)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entrevista a Jorge Alfaro de Yale University sobre COVID-19

¿No leyó la noticia que hackearon?

Costa Rica no es la que yo pensaba - Escrito incompleto

An Image of My Mother

3r aniversario de nuestra primera boda

Day 3 - Tornado Cleanup

Un vistazo al ayahuasca - 4 segundos

Cuando muere la vida como la conocía

Alguien tiene que hacerlo

Bretear en comunidad